NETWORK PROGRAMMES MANAGER at the Visual Arts Network of South Africa
VANSA seeks to appoint a Network Programmes Manager based in Johannesburg.
Opportunity closing date: Sunday, 17 April 2016
Opportunity type: Employment
Compensation: Between R14 000 – R17 000 per month based on skills and experience
Duration: 6 month contract with intention to renew
Time Requirements: 80% position (equivalent of four days per week)
Required Qualifications: Relevant undergraduate degree/diploma in the arts, social sciences, humanities
Start Date: Immediate
VANSA operates as a support point and development agency for contemporary art practice in South Africa. We develop industry knowledge, resources, networks and projects that are concerned with realising new social, cultural and economic possibilities for contemporary art practice in the South African – and wider African – context.
The appointed manager will oversee projects related to network programming and development. These programmes are primarily focused on public and collaborative programming with arts organisations and practitioners around South Africa and the African continent. Key to this position is the decentralization of creative practice and the co-sharing of professional and creative content. The position requires a strong multi-tasker with an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure. The three key project areas of VANSA within this position are:
- Public and Community Art programmes
- Decentralisation programmes
Overall Project Management
• Strategic Development of VANSA Networks Programme
- Contribution to the development of the annual Network Programme
- Establishment of partnerships and collaborations with strategic organisations and practitioners
- Research into required needs for Network Programme
- Identifying potential fundraising opportunities and strategies
• Budget management including:
- Contributing to the development of budgets
- Oversight of expenditure and payments within allocated budgets
- Contributing to financial report
• Execution of project oversight tasks including
- • Management of independent contractors assigned to specific projects
- • Monitoring and evaluation
- • Ensuring time management and project completion
- • Contributing to narrative reports
- • Travel in accordance with project requirements
- Strong ability to multitask and manage numerous projects at the same time
- An instinct for detail, accuracy and organisation combined with flexibility and an ability to think conceptually and strategically
- Experience in working with budgets and financial reporting, including working with spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- One or more additional spoken South African official languages
- Good knowledge of the professional arts/cultural scene in South Africa
- At least 2 years experience in cultural project management and/or administrative work in the cultural field
- Relevant undergraduate degree/diploma in the arts, social sciences, humanities or commerce (or equivalent experience/training)
- Previous experience in cultural work in small towns/rural areas of South Africa and/or working on the African continent will be an advantage.
Between R14 000 – R17 000 based on skills and experience, cost to company.
Fixed term 6 month contract with intention to renew based on funding availability. 80% position based at VANSA offices in New Doornfontein, Johannesburg.
The candidate would ideally be able to start work on 1 May, this is however negotiable.
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will undergo a two interviews and a short skills test. VANSA reserves the right not to fill the post.
Email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 17 April 2016.