Butterfly Art Project seeks Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Butterfly Art Project (BAP) is a non-profit organisation established in 2010 in Vrygrond, Cape Town. BAP offers art lessons, art therapy and educational programmes to children and adults from vulnerable communities.
BAP seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for our programmes to review, revise and manage the organisational monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure effective implementation of the strategy and the achievement of intended outcomes. The role will sit within the management team and report to the Director. The successful candidate will start work latest January 2017.
Suitably qualified individuals with South African nationality or permit to work in South Africa are invited to apply.
The responsibilities of the M&E Officer include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and revise existing monitoring and evaluation systems
- Train, support and manage staff in the implementation of M&E systems
- Manage data collection, analysis and presentation of reports
- Assisting with fund raising and reporting to funders
- Liaise between BAP and other stakeholders, including local/international partner organisations, academic partners, and government;
- Collaborate with the management team to ensure effective implementation of the organizational strategy; develop and implement income-generating initiatives and identify and secure funding opportunities.
- Honours or Master’s degree, preferably in a development-related M&E field;
- Experience in the NGO sector and art;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Excellent intercultural skills and knowledge of one other South African language in addition to English;
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications and required social media sites;
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative;
- Ability to think outside the box, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Valid driver’s license and own laptop.
BAP offers a salary commensurate with experience and will be discussed with the successful candidate.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and three contactable references to Angela Katschke (Director) angela@butterflyartproject .
BAP reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. Incomplete applications will not be considered!
Deadline for applications is 10 December 2016.
For more information about BAP: www.butterflyartproject.org