BLOEM FIRST FRIDAYS LAUNCH invites artists to register
Bloem First Fridays initiative is a once a month late night art platform every first Friday of the month, that serves as a mutually beneficial advertising platform for businesses to showcase works by local artists.
This can be in the form of exhibiting the works of art on their restaurant walls or alternatively screen videos. It takes place in Westdene 2nd Avenue which is dubbed the Mangaung version of Cape Town’s Long Street or Joburgs’ cultural hub, Maboneng Precinct.
The coordinators saw a need for local artists to be supported simultaneously adding value to the customer’s experience of visiting a restaurant, in addition to addressing the need for more art exhibition spaces in Bloemfontein.
Although the venture is still in its humble beginnings, the coordinators are working on incorporating other forms of art in this experience like music and crafts to celebrate local talent and to diversify Bloem’s nightlife offerings.
The participating businesses for 2 December 2016 include;
- Kalahari. Fish – Moses None art exhibition
- No16 Stoep & Beer Garden – Bongani Ndlovu Select photography exhibition
- PatPong Thai Fusion Restaurant & Bar – Thai Fusion art exhibition
- Iewers Nice – Bring your fine art and work with some snacks & sips
- Blend Restaurant & Bar – Sandy Little “Bad Advice” art exhibition
- Pitseng African Restaurant - BloemFirst Fridays artist’s screening
- 32_Flavors Groove Boutique - Fashion Sale
Participation is free and interested artists can register on the network by sending their portfolio’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the team on 076 037 1985.