Khwerha Ye Afrika Projects - Call for Submissions
EYEING Racism is a touring photo exhibition initiated by Khwerha Ye Afrika Projects. The exhibition forms part of Khwerha’s arts for social justice programmes initiated as a national intervention to generate and raise public awareness on scourge of racism and xenophobia.
The exhibition will tour nine arts galleries in all South African provinces and will feature selected works of photographers from diverse cultural background. Supported by the department of arts and culture and foundation for human rights, the exhibition will fuse along other events such as poetry performance, theatre festival as well as dialogue and will offer photographers and young artists an opportunity to engage intensively and interact on the issue of RACISM and emanate meaningful solution that will genuinely promote social cohesion and nation building.
Khwerha Ye Afrika Projects therefore invites photographers from all corners of the country to submit their work that depict or portray directly or indirectly acts of racisms occurred in their communities. Selected photographs will then form part of the touring exhibition.
Submitted photographs must comply with the following requirements:
- Photographs must be taken within the borders of South Africa.
- The date/year in which the photograph was taken must be indicated.
- You must own copyright of the photographs submitted, i.e. you have taken the photograph yourself or you were given full permission by the owner to submit their work.
- You must have consent from human subjects in your photographs, if any.
- Photograph resolution should ideally be greater than 1MB but less than 3MB or 300dpi.
Terms and conditions for submission:
- No prizes shall be awarded for participation to this call.
- Participation is open to the general public and is free of charge.
- Khwerha Ye Afrika Projects and its adjudicators reserves the right not to include entries based on suitability for its patrons.
- Submitted photographs must comply with the following requirements:
- All popular image formats are acceptable.
- No other form of entry shall be deemed
- Watermarked images are not advisable but will be accepted (subject to the sole discretion of the organizer).
- Photographs that have been digitally altered e.g. Instagram filter, Photoshop will be accepted and judged on the merit of the photograph.
- By participating in the exhibition, you are granting the Khwerha ye Afrika Projects a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to display, publish and otherwise promote your photograph/s, not excluding non-commercial use by project partners, on the Internet, print publications, and so forth.
- You retain copyright to any photograph you submit and credit shall be given in the form © your name based on the information provided.
- The judges decision to include photographs in the public exhibition is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All submitted photographs will go through a judging process by the Khwerha Ye Afrika team where a selection will form part of the Eyeing Racism Exhibition 2016/2017 tour.
The deadline for submission is 20 October 2016
Send your photograph/s to the following address:
Further information regarding the exhibition call 081 514 7976