Editorial assistant and research position at ART AFRICA
This position requires a person who is passionate about contemporary art from Africa researching new developments in the art world, and crafting quality copy for our print publications and digital platforms.
The qualifying candidate should have the following skills:
- A degree in art history or a relevant fine arts degree.
- A solid working knowledge of the visual arts of Africa and the diaspora.
- An excellent command of the English language, and good writing skills. A second language advantageous (French, German and Spanish particularly).
- Experience in copy editing and proofing.
- Well versed in Microsoft office – Word, Excel and Microsoft.
- Knowledge of Indesign advantageous.
- Candidates should be confident, professional and presentable.
- Methodical, hardworking, and prepared to work long hours when necessary.
- Be in tune with global trends and have a good knowledge of social media and relevant platforms.
- Be able to contribute as a team member and work alone.
- Have own transport and preferably own computer.
- Live in, or be prepared to move to, Cape Town.
Please send your CV to email@example.com and give a clear indication of your salary requirements.