GALLERY ASSISTANT AT BLANK PROJECTS
Our ideal candidate is a practical and hard working person with excellent communication skills, capable of getting the job done independently. We are looking for someone who will complement our small and passionate team, with a desire and commitment to develop the position further.
Roles and responsibilities (in order of priority)
- Working with Indesign and Photoshop to maintain artist portfolios, compile exhibition documents, and to manage the gallery website. Technical precision and attention to detail are essential for these tasks.
- Assistance with the management and maintenance of the gallery archive and inventory system
- General administrative assistance in all areas with a focus on press liaison
- Receiving and guiding visitors through exhibitions
- Helping with installation and de-installation of exhibitions, including handling and packing artworks
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- An interest in and knowledege of contemporary art
- Drivers license
Remuneration dependant on experience
Minimum 25 hours/week
Start date: as soon as possible, latest 1 June 2017
Please send your CV, a cover letter, two references and a copy of your ID to email@example.com, with the subject line: Gallery Assistant Application
Deadline for applications: Monday 17 April