GALLERY ASSISTANT AT WHATIFTHEWORLD (CPT)
WHATIFTHEWORLD invites applications for a Gallery Assistant position for the Cape Town gallery space. This is a mid-level full-time position under the supervision of the Gallery Directors.
WHATIFTHEWORLD is looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to join its Cape Town team on a full time basis to assist with sales and customer service. Knowledge about and prior experience with the art industry is beneficial.
The successful candidate will be presentable, dynamic and have a strong work and professional ethic. A keen interest in, and knowledge of art is a must. Strong communication and time management skills as essential, as is a desire to develop the position further.
Working hours: Monday - Friday (09:00 - 17:00); Saturday (090:00 - 14:00) and occasional evening events.
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter & CV
- Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Gallery Assistant application'
Start date: As soon as possible
Duties will include:
- Receiving visitors and fielding enquiries
- Inventory control and administration
- Retail sales and customer liaison
- Assisting the gallery directors
- Providing administrative research and logistical support
- Keeping records and archives
- Fluent English. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign and Photoshop. Full drivers license. Own car and laptop.
Deadline for applications is 21 April 2017