Goodman Gallery / Senior Curatorial position in Johannesburg
Goodman Gallery is looking for a dynamic individual to join our curatorial team in Johannesburg on a full time basis.
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter + CV
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum Qualification – Honors (Masters in Art History / Curating /preferable)
- Will require an in-depth knowledge of art including art history, art works and artists (both established and new artists)
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary art, with a specific focus on contemporary African artists
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Art Fair Applications
- Booth Plans & Artwork selection for fairs
- Strategic overview of entire Goodman Gallery programme (all spaces)
- Market Intelligence and Strategic Research on global trends
- Researching and identifying potential new artists for the gallery, and securing new artist relationships and contracts
- Responsible for Goodman Gallery Projects – In Context, South-South, & Working Title
To maintain a current knowledge of the art market (with a specific focus on the African market), and continuously research and suggest new artists whom the gallery can introduce to their program. To contribute strategically to the gallery’s curatorial program, to ensure that programming is aligned with the position that the gallery wishes to attain in the market and with international trends.
To manage and produce the content for all art fair applications. To manage and curate the selection of artworks for all art fair booths.
To be curatorially responsible for all Goodman Gallery project initiatives, including; In Context, South-South, and Working Title.