Intern at SA Taxi Foundation Art Award
The SA Taxi Foundation Art Award is a unique award in that it asks entrants to work to a set of guidelines which combine fine art AND design skills. For the third year of the award, SA Taxi Foundation would like to assist a young designer who is interested in the creative industry in developing their skill set and building a portfolio of work.
The selected intern will need to be hands-on with many elements of the art award. The main focus is to expose young designers to the practical translation of design into business. Design does not work in a vacuum but rather it extends into how we run our marketing, social media, inform artists/entrants and the public of the art award.
Minimum qualifications and skills:
Minimum second year student with a portfolio of evidence and recommendation from the institution of study.
- Microsoft Word Suite
- Coral Draw
- Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop and illustrator)
- In Design
Tasks / Rolls:
- Social media, on the ground marketing
- Screen & download entries
- Art Award Catalogue design
- Liaise with artists on final taxi decal design
- Assist on the design of all exhibition elements
- Assist on the design of invitations & save the date mailers
- Appropriate handling of artwork
- Aid in packaging artwork and shipping.
- Deadline driven project
- Project management interest
- People person!
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- 6 months’ internship (Nov-April)
- R3000 stipend
- Interns should be available for 3 days per week.
- Interns will be needed for November for specific SA Taxi Art Award social media and promotion events
- The intern will then be expected to be available 3 days per week from February until May (This is negotiable based on your timetable)
The deadline for applications is 4 November 2016.
Applications must me emailed to Queeneth Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org