Lecturer: Communication (Graphic) Design at University of Johannesburg (UJ)
The Department of Graphic Design in the Faculty of Art Design and Architecture seeks to appoint a Communication (Graphic) Design Lecturer.
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, striving towards global excellence and stature. Ranked amongst the top 4% in the QS World Class Universities Ranking and 61st in the QS BRICS World Class Universities Ranking, UJ is recognised as an international university of choice. As a University, we aim to enrich our academic profile, and develop UJ as the pan-African epicentre of critical intellectual inquiry.
- Teaching and assessment in Communication Design (Graphic Design) and Communication Design Technology (Adobe design software and related software)
- Studying towards a postgraduate degree (MA or PhD) or conducting textual or practice-led research
- Maintain links with industry
- Work with the team of colleagues to develop the Communication Design programme
- Participate in the activities of the Graphic Design Department and perform administrative duties as required
- A BTech or Honours degree in a relevant discipline such as Graphic Design or Visual Communication Design or Information Design
- A strong portfolio of recent graphic design work
- Experience of working in the Graphic Design industry and / or experience of teaching and assessment in Higher Education
- Registered or in the process of registering for an MA or PhD
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Self-motivated, creative
- Inspirational and enthusiastic lecturer
- Strong interpersonal, communication, writing and administrative skills
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: As soon as possible
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 7 May 2017
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you require technical support/ assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337 / 0861 CAREER or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.