Market Photo Workshop Vacancies: Course Assistants
Market Photo Workshop requires two course assistants to work with our existing team of curriculum and course support staff. Deadline for application: Friday, 4 March 2011, 12h00.
Main purpose of the job: The new course assistants are required to monitor and support the teaching and learning process.
- Assisting in registering students at the start of a course (including getting student information, issuing student cards, and other registration administrative support)
- Ensuring bookings of classrooms, and that equipment and/or materials required are checked and available at least 15 minutes before the start of a session
- Sitting in on training sessions to ensure proper preparation and training occur according to module planner
- Liaising with trainers to ensure that session hand-outs are copied and ready at least 15 minutes before a session
- Liaising with trainers and learners to co-ordinate and communicate logistical and infrastructural (including materials & equipment) needs for teaching and learning
- Informing/reminding students about assessment and assessment policies and procedures
- Monitoring whether students are aware of other relevant policies and procedures (and informing/reminding them if necessary, or referring to course coordinator)
- Monitoring and, where possible, helping students with subject queries (or referring students to the appropriate trainer, or course coordinator)
- Maintaining attendance records for students and trainers, and reporting related problems and/or concerns to course coordinator
- Collecting and compiling weekly assignment and final assessment results for students (formative and summative assessment)
- Communicating and reporting to course co-ordinator and curriculum manager to ensure efficient and effective running of course sessions
- Keeping and filing up-to-date records on course attendance, equipment/materials distribution and needs
- Archiving student portfolio of evidence
- Reporting weekly on the course at the Courses meeting and OWM, and fortnightly at the trainers’ meeting with course coordinator
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Successful achievement of a Market Photo Workshop Intermediate or other training and/or experience in photography (analogue and digital cameras, and some darkroom experience)
- Good communication and language abilities
- Ability to sometimes work under pressure
- A proactive problem-solver
- A confident and mature personality
- Computer skills (MAC, PC, Photoshop, Word processing, Excel, email)
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and calculations (for assessment results)
Remuneration: Payment before deductions between R2500 and R2800 negotiated according to qualifications and experience
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the job and why you think you are suitable for this work.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter by e-mail
Send your e-mail to:
Theresa Collins, Manager: Curriculum and Training (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cc. Musa Nxumalo, Coordinator: Courses and Training (email@example.com)
Deadline for application: Friday 4 March 2011 12h00
Candidate must be available for interviews on 7 March 2011
It would be preferable if candidate was available to start work in March.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Qualified people from historically disadvantaged groups are especially encouraged to apply
For more info please visit: www.marketphotoworkshop.co.za/