Non-metropolitan Mentorship Programme: PRESENTATIONS & APPLICATIONS
The Bag Factory Artists' Studios presents its latest programme - the Non-metropolitan Mentorship Programme.
This programme is aimed at young visual artists from areas outside of the traditional metropolitan "art" centres of South Africa. The vision behind the programme is to facilitate artistic development and professional practise. The project will ultimately provide a mentorship opportunity at the Bag Factory for 6 artists from outside Johannesburg and 6 artists from the Gauteng area to spend a week in the city.
We would like to present the project to interested artists and facilitate the application process whilst receiving input from artists about their needs.
In order to do this the Bag Factory team will be presenting the project and taking critical feedback across 6 days in a number of towns around the country during February and March 2017. Applicants will be selected in April / May 2017.
Venues and Dates:
- Greatmore Studios, Cape Town - 21 February, 2:30pm -4pm
- Walter Sisulu University, East London, 22 Feb 4pm-6pm
- Bloemfontein, Oliewenhuis Art Museum, 28 Feb, 10am - 11:30am.
- Kimberly, William Humphrey Art Gallery - 3 March, 10am - 11:30am.
- Polokwane, Polokwane Art Musuem - 20 March, 10am - 11:30am.
- Potchefstroom, NWU Gallery, 30 March 10am - 11:30am.
For more information contact Aysha: firstname.lastname@example.org