Kooshk Artist Residency Award (KARA) 2017
Kooshk residency is a non-political cultural and artistic space in Tehran. Kooshk, with sponsorship of private section tries to provide a convenient space for artists, curators, researchers, writers and filmmakers to encourage inter-cultural dialogues and art creation.
The Kooshk Artist Residency Award has been implemented to support artists, creativity and the development of new ideas in the unique space of Tehran. This residency program is a chance for attendants to do research and experiment, develop professionally, maintain direct dialogues and the exchange of ideas in order to grow and nurture their creativity, and try new methods of working and thinking. The Residency will be an annual event lasting one month and will be offered to four selected artists.
During the Residency, Kooshk will provide a dynamic and distinctive situation for international artists to work and exchange ideas with local artists, critics and researchers. The program emphasizes a balance between working in a personal space and working in collaboration with other artists and interacting with viewers and the environment. In line with its goals, Kooshk will make any effort to have a contribution in the growth of cultural and social views, by gathering local, national and international artists with a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines in the cultural and artistic space of Tehran and by creating the possibility for exchanging ideas.
All expenses including flight tickets, accommodation, living expenses as well as a modest contribution toward materials will be paid by Kooshk.
Applications will be received through an online application procedure.
Applications will be processed in compliance with declared criteria by a jury of the award.
- Ahmet Ögüt: artist
- Ehsan Rasoulof: Director and Founder of Kooshk Residency
- Eliza Emily Roberts: Arts Residencies Manager at Asialink and Vice-President at Res Artis
- Luca Di Blasi: Professor for Philosophy (University of Bern) and Associate Member at the ICI Berlin
- Mika Hannula: writer, curator and art critic
- Richard Taittinger: Founder of Richard Taittinger Gallery and President of Residency Unlimited
- Solange Farkas: Chief Curator and Head Director of Associação Cultural Videobrasil
All international artists, only active in fields of Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Sound and Music, Film and Video, under the age of 40 are eligible to apply for the Kooshk Award.
All applicants must fill in the application form providing the following:
- Personal information
- Two references
- Artist statement
- Motivation letter
- Work samples
- Competency of the application, including the quality of resume and sample works
- Innovative-ness of the proposal, outputs and concrete outcomes
- Compatibility of the proposal/plan with the award’s goals and the extent of the award’s significance in realizing the proposal
- English language skills
Applying early is smart. As there will be a high number of applicants submitting at the last days/moments of deadline, we will not grant you any deadline extension or help to submit if something goes wrong.
The applicants can apply through the link below:
If you have any question, send an email to email@example.com
Deadline: October 31, 2016
Winners’ declaration: Mid-February, 2017