The Bag Factory is Inviting Applications for Studio Space
The Bag Factory runs a subsidized studio provision programme and from 01 July 2013 there will be 1 studio space open for rental.
Who is eligible?
The artist must be:
- a full-time practicing visual artist who is capable of regularly using a studio in their visual arts practice.
- An artist with a willingness to be involved in the Bag Factory’s projects and events
- able to pay the subsidized rent on time
- attend any and all artists meetings
- The current rental for a studio is R1032.00 per month and one months deposit is required up front.
What do I receive for my rental?
- Each studio is approximately 15m², with wooden walls suitable for hanging
- An electricity point is provided for standard use. (kiln’s, air conditioners, and other high voltage devices need to be discussed with the office.)
- Wireless internet access
- Basic security
- Access to Triangle Network events, residencies and workshops around the globe.
- Become part of the Bag Factory community
Please remember that:
* On acceptance of a studio the first year is considered probationary. Studios are be let to individuals for a maximum of 4 years.
* Studio artists are required to furnish their own spaces and are expected to insure their own belongings and artworks.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is Friday 22 June 2013
Applicants must submit:
- a representative portfolio of work produced in the past five years of at least 10 works and no more than 20, preferably by email. Images should not be larger than 300kb and each email no larger than 2MB.
- a substantial curriculum vitae with full names, references, addresses and contact numbers
- a brief letter of motivation, not more than one A4 page long, outlining reasons for wishing to join the programme
Please email your applications to email@example.com
OR you can post your application to:
Bag Factory Artists’ Studios
PO Box 794
Announcements will be made before the end of June 2013
Please note that INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will NOT be accepted.