The 48 Hour Film Project
The 48 Hour Film Project (48HFP) is a wild and sleepless weekend in which you and a team make a movie—write, shoot, edit and score it—in just 48 hours.
Workshops: 21.07. and 29.07.2012, Filming: 31.08. - 02.09.2012
Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg, other venues.
In 2012, over 50,000 filmmakers will make almost 4,000 films in 120 cities on 6 continents around the world. Over the 11 years of 48HFP over 19,000 films have been made by 278,000 people.
48HFP´s mission is to advance filmmaking and promote filmmakers. Through its festival/competition, the Project encourages filmmakers and would-be filmmakers to get out there and make movies.
The 48HFP comes to Johannesburg on the weekend of 31 August - 2 September 2012. Filmmakers from all over the Gauteng area will compete to see who can make the best short film in only 48 hours. The winning film will go up against films from around the world.
Space is limited. Early Bird Registration is R1000. Teams must register on or before 6 August (Monday) to get this special rate. Regular registration is R1200.
Johannesburg 48HFP Events
- 21.07.2012, 14H00: Meet & Greet at the Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg
- 29.07.2012, 10H00: Writing Workshops at the Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg
(free of charge, hosted by Loyiso Manqoma and Mmabatho Kau)
- 04.08.2012, 10H00: Cinematography Workshop at the National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa NEMISA
(free of charge, hosted by industry professional Andrew Turner)
- 05.08.2012, 10H00: Sound Design Workshop at the Academy of Sound Engineering (hosted by ASE lecturer Tim Kraft and Graham Clifford from Final Mix Online)
- 11.08.2012, 10H00: Post Production Workshop at the Academy of Sound Engineering (2 day workshop hosted by ADOBE)
- 31.08.2012, 18H00: Filming kickoff, place to be announced
- 02.09.2012, 19H30: Film dropoff, place to be announced
More information and registration:
The Johannesburg 48 Hour Film Project
The 48HFP will come to Cape Town for the first time. Filming is on the weekend of 26 - 28 October 2012 and registration opens 28 August.
More information on the Cape Town 48HFP events:
The Cape Town 48 Hour Film Project
Details visit: www.goethe.de/ins/za/joh/ver/en9610894v.htm