Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Policy
The City of Cape Town is in the process of finalising its Draft Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Policy.
Notice is hereby given in terms of Section 17 of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act, whereby Council is affording the public and interested parties or groups the opportunity to submit comments, recommendations or input to the municipality for a period of 30 days.
The comment period runs from 15 April 2014 until 15 May 2014.
Comments, input or recommendation in respect of the Draft Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Policy can be submitted via:
fax to 086 588 6844
e-mail to email@example.com
written submission posted to:
Arts and Culture Department, 14th Floor, Telkom Tower Building, 2 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town, 8001
online comment form
People who are unable to read or write and who have disabilities, as well as disadvantaged groups who are unable to submit written comments are encouraged to contact Anele Viti on 021 400 1652
or e-mail Anele.firstname.lastname@example.org for special assistance.
For further information on general public participation, contact Frederick Venter at 021 400 1768
or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information on the Draft Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Policy, contact Natalie Harper on 021 417 4101 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal of the Draft Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Policy is to guide and enable the City to develop strategies and make decisions on cultural matters for the advancement of Cape Town.
The policy also aims to:
- celebrate Cape Town’s history and diversity, and maximise its creative assets and resources
- achieve inclusivity, social cohesion and city positioning
- maximise opportunities to support economic growth and sustainability through its creative industries and cultural events
- honour and support arts and culture entities and relevant cultural infrastructure
- support urban and community regeneration through public arts, monuments and cultural centre development
- preserve and promote our tangible and intangible heritage
For more informtion please visit http://www.capetown.gov.za/en/PublicParticipation/Pages/ArtsCultureandCreativeIndustriesPolicy.aspx