Who may enter
The competition is open to artists from all over the world.
The competition is organized by the Japan Media Arts Festival Executive Committee.
There are 4 divisions:
- Art Division – interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art, internet art, media performances, etc.
- Entertainment Division – games, video / sound works, multimedia productions, gadgets, electronic devices, websites, application software, etc.
- Animation Division – animated feature films, animated short films, animated series, etc.
- Manga Division – comics published in book form, comics published in a magazine, comics published online, self-published comics, etc.
Works must be completed or released between October 6, 2017 and October 5, 2018.
To see past winners, click here.
Entry is free.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded.
- Grand Prize: 1,000,000 ¥
- Excellence Award: 500,000 ¥
- New Face Award: 300,000 ¥