EPWP Administration Intern
Greatmore Studios Trust provides a studio environment and training in which artists can work freely and develop their creative abilities and professional skills and which provides the opportunity to build a professional practice in order to establish a career. It also provides a supportive environment for the exchange of ideas and skills to self-motivated practicing artists. Artists from various communities and cultures are encouraged to grow their practice in a personal studio space and also to contribute to the collective projects and programs and the industry as a whole.
Thupelo Cape Town Trust has found a unique place in the visual arts industry since 1985. It is not an institution but a strong ever- developing network. Formed from requests from artists in these networks, the Thupelo Workshops are widely acknowledged for their immense contribution to growing South African artists in an inclusive and interactive environment.
Greatmore Studios Trust and Thupelo Cape Town Trust seek to appoint an Administration Intern, to be based in their Woodstock office.
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 01 April 2019 through 31 March 2020
Reports to: General Manager of Greatmore Studios Trust and Thupelo Cape Town Trust
This position is for the key duties are general administrative support and assistant to the General Manager for Greatmore Studios Trust and Thupelo Cape Town Trust.
- Oversight of General Manager’s schedule and support of General Manager activities including travel support and logistics.
- Occasional administrative support of other Greatmore Studios Trust and Thupelo Cape Town Trust staff work portfolios.
- Secretarial work for the Greatmore Studios Trust and Thupelo Cape Town Trust, its Board of Trustees and its related trusts (CIPC, SARS, Masters, etc).
- General office requirements (post, phone, office supply oversight, copier, filing).
- Filing (electronic and manual).
- Other duties and roles as mutually agreed on
- Attendance and administrative support for Greatmore Studios Trust and Thupelo Cape Town Trust activities outside of normal working hours, as required (ie workshops, exhibition openings etc).
- Three-year tertiary degree or diploma.
- Demonstrated, excellent spoken and written communication in English.
- High level of accuracy with language, numbers and scheduling.
- Professional demeanour and interaction with others.
- Basic office software proficiency.
- Discretion, adaptability, building relationships/partnership.
- Providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Results driven