Administrative Assistant / Registrar position available at WHATIFTHEWORLD, Cape Town.
Job type: Permanent
Times: 5 Days a week, Mon – Fri, with additional help during exhibition openings, art fairs and gallery events (only if needed).
Start: 1 June, 2019
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with clients (including invoicing)
- Basic bookkeeping
- Data Capture
- Shipping and Logistics
- Managing artwork inventory
- Artist liaison (including logistics and communication)
Requirements & Character Traits:
- Having knowledge with international fine art shipping and domestic and international customs procedures
- Quick and dedicated learner
- Hard-working and efficient
- Works well with a team, and follows instruction but is also an independent thinker.
- Works well under pressure
- Good administrative skillset and organisation skills
Bachelor’s Degree and experience in art logistics would be preferential.