To start: Immediately
Location: Cape Town
Type: Full time
Artform: Visual Arts
Art Gazette is an exciting new global, curated platform for emerging artists, making high quality works affordable and accessible to public and private spaces. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Studio Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, who learn quickly, have a strong sense of urgency, adapt easily to change and are highly organised and adept at prioritising.
They will liaise with a wide range of artists and clients to assist with the coordination, selection, production and installation of artworks. They will also be responsible for archiving inventory and preparing financial information.
Good interpersonal and team skills are essential as will the ability to communicate and think clearly under pressure.
The candidate will be educated to degree level in an arts-related subject. A keen interest in the visual arts is essential, as are good design, photoshop and desk-top publishing skills.
- Making travel and hotel bookings, diarising meetings and appointments
- Organising transportation, installation and insurance arrangements
- Call fielding and screening
- Office stock control and stationery orders
- Studio maintenance and day-to-day running
- Managing spreadsheets and artist/client contact databases
- Organising the collation of good quality images of artworks
- Creating high standard client presentations
- Assisting with the management and updating of inventory
- Generating accurate order information for the finance team
- Taking minutes of meetings
- The first point of contact for artists, clients and studio visitors
- Acting as the main point of liaison between Cape Town and London offices
- Providing a key point of liaison between artists, the business’ managers and clients
- Negotiating deals and SLAs with service providers including curators, framers and technicians, and managing these relationships
- Researching client history to assist with potential curatorial projects
- Visiting degree shows and art fairs for research and scouting purposes
- Researching artists for inclusion in Art Gazette’s portfolio or projects
- Researching and identifying potential clients
- Reaching out to artists, curators, college tutors and professors
- Keeping artists updated with projects
- Dealing with initial media enquiries, press and PR
- Generating social media content