Submissions are now open for the 2020 edition of the BAFTA-Qualifying Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
We are looking for filmmakers who are driving the film forward through inspirational and innovative works. Whether you are an established or emerging practitioner, we want to hear from you.
We accept submissions to 11 genres short film as well as narrative and documentary features, 360 film and VR and immersive experiences. The Official Selection of films will be showcased at 18 venues across York, UK from 4-8 November 2020 with prizes being awarded for Best Film in each category, Best of Fest, People’s Choice, the York Youth Award, Hijack Visionary Filmmaker Award and the BFI Network & Film Hub North Polaris Award. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work to an international audience of filmmakers, industry delegates and film fans.
Submissions are open to the following categories
- Advertising Film (Under 30 Minutes)
- Animation (Under 30 Minutes)
- Artists’ Film (Under 30 Minutes)
- Comedy (Under 30 Minutes)
- Dance (Under 30 Minutes)
- Documentary (Under 30 Minutes)
- Drama (Under 30 Minutes)
- Experimental (Under 30 Minutes)
- Fashion Film (Under 30 Minutes)
- Music Video (Under 30 Minutes)
- Thriller (Under 30 Minutes)
- VR & Immersive Experiences (Under 30 Minutes – Must be suitable for Oculus Rift or HTC systems)
- 360 Video (Under 30 Minutes – Must be Suitable for Oculus Go Headsets)
- Narrative Feature Film (60 – 120 Minutes)
- Documentary Feature Film (60 – 120 Minutes)
Entries open December 1 2019
The deadline for submissions is 31 May 2020
The Official Selection will be announced in September 2020
ASFF 2020 takes place in the City of York, UK from 4 – 8 November 2020
Winners will be announced at the ASFF Awards Ceremony on 8 November 2020
- Festival screenings at ASFF 2020.
- Awards for Festival Winner (£1,000), People’s Choice, York Youth Award, Hijack Visionary Filmmaker Award, BFI Network & Film Hub North Polaris Award and Best Film in each category.
- Festival screenings in various guest programmes at other film festivals and events.
- Editorial in Aesthetica Magazine and on Aesthetica’s online channels
- Short Films £25 | Feature Films £45 | 360 Film, VR & Immersive Projects £30