art.b Gallery, also known as The Arts Association of Bellville, is a BPO (Public Benefit Organization) and a branch of SANAVA (South African Association of Visual Arts). The Arts Association of Bellville (art.b), is a dynamic and innovative, community-orientated organisation primarily managed by volunteers and partially supported by The City of Cape Town. It is our mission to promote arts within the greater Tygerberg community. We strive to do so by supporting local artists from all different cultural and economic backgrounds.
The Exhibition Co-Ordinator is responsible for liaising with artists and running the day-to-day administrative duties preceding an exhibition. The position calls for excellent people skills, as well as a proficiency in writing and speaking English. The ideal candidate will demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and preferably have previous experience working in an administrative capacity. The position is part time, requiring 16 hours per week.
This role would suit a fine art student or recent graduate; a professional artist or illustrator; or a young professional working a part time job who would like to move into the arts sector.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with artists via email, WhatsApp, or in person.
- Compiling / checking inventory spreadsheets for online shop
- Sizing images for online exhibition
- Follow up on exhibition timeline
- Social Media posting for each exhibition
- Uploading new work to website
- Being present at the exhibition openings on the first Saturday of the month from 10h00 – 12h00
- Reporting to the Bellville Arts Association committee
Stipend: R100/hour for 16 hours /week = R 6 560/month
Job type: 6-month contract position with the possibility of extension
Start: As soon as possible
Hours: Tuesday to Friday flexible, one Saturday/ month (10h00 – 12h00)
- Conscientious attention to detail
- Excellent people skills
- Organized at a high administrative level
- Professional approach to managing and liaising with artists
- South African citizen/permanent resident
- Passionate about visual art
- Must have access to their own laptop
- Proficient in MS Office especially MS Word and Excel
- The applicant must be resident in Cape Town and the surrounding suburbs.