Position title: Arts Facilitator Hout Bay High
Lalela provides educational arts for at-risk youth to spark creative thinking and awaken the entrepreneurial spirit. Lalela is at the forefront of educational arts in South Africa and is searching for a full-time Creative Art Facilitator to join our vibrant and growing team.
We’re seeking exciting, innovative, creative, solution-driven individuals who are driven to work with youth, the arts and design – and who are team players with strong administrative and planning skills, able to work under pressure and willing to be a part of the curriculum writing team.
Lalela has been working at Hout Bay High for the last 7 years and have strong relationships with the staff and learners. The candidate will work closely with the principal and teachers at the school. Our facilitators become role models to the youth we work with and should therefore have strong work and life ethics.
Main duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Facilitation during after school educational art workshops focusing mainly on visual art and design.
- Recruitment of learners and youth into the programme: We work in challenging communities and the candidate needs to be able to conceive creative solutions to continuously recruit and retain learners into the programme.
- Build strong relationships with schools, parents and other NGO’s working at the schools: The candidate needs to supply proof of strong networking skills and to
be able to facilitate creative art workshops to learners from grades 1 – 12
Workshops are after school and consist of 30 – 40 learners per workshops.
- Management and execution of the day-to-day operations of the after-school workshops: student attendance, supplies, expenditure, custodial, security, safety and transportation of learners.
- Planning and execution of School Holiday Programmes and independent Lalela events: This includes the management of venues, volunteers, transport, material, etc.
- Manage workload and administrative responsibilities. Facilitators contribute to the MEL system developed by Lalela by keeping meticulous record of student profiles, artwork with an ability to manage ongoing administrative workloads.
Specific strengths and requirements
- Must have a diploma/degree in VISUAL ART/ART EDUCATION/FINE ART (Candidates need to be able to draw, as they will be teaching drawing and basic elements of visual art and design to learners.) Candidates without relevant diploma or degree will not be considered. Lalela empowers Youth through the Arts
- At least 2-3 year previous visual art teaching/facilitation (South African) experience essential.
- Needs to have strong knowledge of facilitation methodology.
- Prior (South African) work experience in the youth development sector is advantageous.
- Previous work experience in the (South African) NGO or Youth Development sector essential.
- Practical hands-on knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media essential.
- Must have own vehicle with driver’s license.
If you have applied to us before and didn’t make our shortlist please submit your application again! We would love to hear from you!
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
If we do not contact you, assume that your application was not successful.
No direct telephonic contact or personal correspondence will be acceptable.