A keen interest in the visual arts, design and competent computer skills, the ability to take up challenges and learn, and a willingness to engage with the public are requisites for this post.
The post requires that the applicant
- Liaise with artists and management in maintaining The Cape Gallery website
- Use Mail Chimp to compile and send out information on monthly exhibitions
- Updating social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blog
- Manage media bookings and placements; updating yearly contracts and designing advertisements to be signed off management
- Updating the website using Dreamweaver, photographing where necessary and uploading consigned work, updating monthly exhibition information and show pages
- Assist in cataloging work as consigned to The Cape Gallery
- Assist with the installation of exhibitions
- Assist with sales
- General tasks that arise in the daily running of the gallery
Tuesday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm, alternate Saturdays from 10 am – 2 pm. Occasional evenings required.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Adobe, Dreamweaver, Word press, Illustrator, Photoshop.
The person applying should have:
- Good organisational ability
- Disciplined, reliable and ethical
- Capable of working in a team with a capacity for problem-solving
- Enjoy engaging with people and be a good listener.