Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival in partnership with Tshimologong Innovation Precinct via its Digital Content Hub are looking for a Fundraiser and Business Development Manager for the annual Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival, in Johannesburg, South Africa
Fix term one year contract position with renewal subject to funding availability; as Fundraiser and Business Development Manager for the Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival and related activities linked to the Tshimologong Digital Content Hub.
The incumbent must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising and a proven track record in stakeholder relationship management coupled with a knowledge of the digital innovation sector. The incumbent must be self-starter with excellent skills in network, proposal writing, report writing and budget administration.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Develop fundraising strategies and proposals in collaboration with Fak’ugesi Festival Director to meet the needs and requirements of the Festival and to achieve specific annual funding targets as per the Festival’s strategic development plans.
- Assist in planning and organising events and devise communications strategies to raise funds and or rally partners towards further funding opportunities.
- Review and analyse the performance of events and fundraising activities for effectiveness.
- Develop, nurture and maintain stakeholder relationships with sponsors, funders and donors, as well as any other financial and in-kind partners – corporate, governmental and international in the cultural, education, innovation and technology sectors.
- Collaborate with organisations, groups and communities with similar objectives and mission statements to build partnerships and enhance further funding opportunities.
- Develop plans for the strategic alignment of the business of the Festival.
- Manage the contractual and relationship support of existing and new sponsor and funders, including reporting to funders and profiling and promoting sponsors in the Festival as per the Festival’s contractual agreements with funders.
- Working with the Festival Director to manage the budgets and administrate the finances of the Festival and by extension manage the relationship with suppliers, customers and project partners.