The Butterfly Art Project trains and mentors Community Art Facilitators (CAFs) to offer psycho-social support through art to traumatised children and youth from disadvantaged communities. The Butterfly Art Project is growing its team and rethinking management in the organisation.
The Mentoring Programme Manager is a vital part of BAP’s 3 people management team and is responsible for managing the effective implementation of all mentoring programme activities. The basic list of activities can be found find on BAP’s website:
The Mentoring Programme Manager leads a team of coordinators, contracted mentors and interns; and reports to BAP’s Directorship on all aspects of programme planning, implementation, reporting and reflection. BAP needs a motivated and inspired colleague who is up to the challenges that come with growth and organisational shifts. BAP’s values are generosity, commitment to change and creativity. And yours? Would you fit with what is important to us?
- Manage the programme’s Art Centre in Vrygrond (ACV), including its implementation
- Manage CAF mentoring activities including individualized post training support, group hubs, journey mapping (CAF BAP career planning)
- Manage the programme’s HR and operational needs
- Manage and grow the programme’s PMEL – planning, monitoring, evaluating and learning (for future implementation)
- Carry out basic management of the programme’s budgets & expenditure
- Participate as part of BAP’s management team
- Contribute towards the smooth and effective running of BAP
Please email us if you wish to view the detailed job description.
The ideal candidate for the position Keen interest in community development. Has love for art and believes in its healing qualities. Excellent writing, editing and interpersonal communications skills; is responsive and communicates clearly and effectively. The candidate must be self-disciplined, self-critical, reflective and adjust appropriately to lessons learned. Sees diversity as an organisational strength, thinks and feels people-centred and has the fire to motivate themselves and others. Is well-organised and meticulous in their data and information management. Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a team.
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate field. A masters study in humanities (or similar) would be an advantage
- Bilingual in English and another SA language
- Proficient knowledge of Office 365 (particularly Word and Excel)
- BAP-Qualified Community Art Facilitator is of advantage
- Police Clearance Certificate (or proof of application thereof)
- Valid driver’s license