The Butterfly Art Project (BAP) is a non-profit organisation established in 2010 in Vrygrond, Cape
Town. BAP offers art facilitation training, mentorships and networking with many partners bringing
creativity and healing to children and adults from vulnerable communities.
BAP seeks to appoint a Programme Manager to support BAP management and run the organisations
Training Programme made up of Community Art Facilitation (CAF), Train the Trainer and
Continuous Professional Development responsibilities.
The incumbent will be part of the management team and report to the Assistant Director and Director.
The successful candidate will start work February 2018.
Suitably qualified individuals with South African nationality or permit to work in South Africa are
invited to apply.
The responsibilities of the Training Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the four main training projects: CAF Development, Train-the-Trainer, Continuous Professional Development and Module Development.
- Manage and mentor the Training Programme team, including development, monitoring and
evaluation of performance.
- Actively participate as part of the management team including development and implementation
of the organisational strategy.
- Coordinate, oversee and monitor the Training Programmes budgets, expenditure and reporting.
- Conceptualise and implement Training Programme income-generating initiatives and secure
- Collaborate with BAP Management Team and the M&E Consultant to monitor and evaluate
- Honours or Master’s degree or a minimum of 5 years working at an equivalent level, preferably
in a development-related field;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent intercultural skills and good ability in one other South African language in addition to
English (must have excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English);
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications and required social media sites;
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative;
- Local travel as and when required by the organisation, valid driver’s license essential;
BAP offers a salary commensurate with experience and will be discussed with the successful candidate.