KZNSA Gallery in Glenwood, Durban, seeks a team member to manage the Arts Café in the gallery complex.
The KZNSA is a not-for-profit contemporary art space whose aim is the advancement of visual art in the province. The café is an important part of the gallery complex and is a site for cultural events, performances, family gatherings and community identity.
The Café Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the café and its financial performance, while embracing the ethos and vision of the broader organization. An interest in art and artisanal food practice is necessary. The applicant must have at least 5 years’ experience as a restaurant manager, the ability to create menus and to lead the kitchen and front of house team.
- Full time contract with 3 months’ probation
- Remuneration dependent on applicant’s experience
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Leads a team of 12 staff in kitchen and front of house
- KZNSA reserves the right to not fill the position