Polokwane Municipality calls on all local artists who are involved with art to submit their work of art for possible acquisition to the Polokwane Art Museum. This is an effort by the municipality to expand the current collection of art by local artists.
The following compulsory criteria will be used to select suitable candidates for acquisition.
- Applicants must be practicing in the professional space of art;
- Artworks must be original and of good quality;
- Artworks must represent South African contemporary art;
- Prices of the artworks (including tax, where applicable) and any other cost must be indicated for each artwork submitted;
- Artists must be 18yrs or older;
- Artists must be registered in Central Supplier Database;
- Artists must be citizens of South Africa;
- Artists will be allowed to submit more than three images of their artworks in JPEG format and/or on A4 size paper in colour.;
- Artist must submit 1-page Curriculum Vitae (CV) profile and recent certified copy of ID;
- Artworks of any medium must obtain with a title, a medium used, sizes, and a brief about the theme;
- All images must be in colour;
- Polokwane Art Museum’s decision will be final, and no further correspondence will be entered concerning the outcome of the selection.