ASAI IS COMMISSIONING TEXTS ON COMMUNITY ARTS CENTRES AND CULTURAL WORKERS ORGANISATIONS THAT WERE FORMED IN THE 70S & 80S
- Alex Art Centre (Johannesburg)
- Community Arts Project (Cape Town)
- Community Arts Workshop (Durban)
- Cultural Workers Congress (Western Cape)
- Culture and Working Life Project (Durban)
- FUBA (Johannesburg)
- Funda Arts Centre (Johannesburg)
- Imvaba (Port Elizabeth)
- Natal Culture Congress
- UDF Cultural Desk
- Vakalisa (Cape Town)
- Visual Arts Group (Cape Town)
We need texts that address gaps in published material on these initiatives. Self-reflexive accounts by people who were involved in these organisations are particularly welcome.
Texts should take the form of either essays or interviews (min 4,000 words). Interviews conducted by email are acceptable, provided that authors do not simply compile written responses to one set of questions.
The fee for commissioned texts is R 6,000.
We are grateful to the NAC for supporting this project.