This is for a part-time position (20 hours per week), starting 1st May 2019 for an 8-month service level contract.
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit), the Goethe-Institut promotes emerging markets of cultural and creative industries in Africa and the Middle East About the Cultural Entrepreneurship Platform.
The project ‘Cultural Entrepreneurship Platform’ or CEP aims to contribute to existing efforts by government and civil society organisations to coordinate the Cultural and Creative Industries, through networking and improving the visibility of the industry. Ideally, this will help the industry to strategize efforts and better address needs. The objective of the Cultural Entrepreneurship Platform is to provide a space for dialogue, networking and resource-sharing through a conference and virtual platform.
- Conducting comprehensive research towards further conceptualising relevant content for the online platform.
- Conceptualise alternative formats for presenting content on the online platform.
- Coordinating all activities related to the virtual project, and reporting to the responsible project manager at the Goethe-Institut Johannesburg.
- Packaging and posting content on the online platform.
- Preparing texts and information materials for internal and external communication in relation to the online platform.
- Attending events, expos, forums and conferences related to the project.
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and new partners
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma/Degree in Media/Cultural/Social, etc.).
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience in online content management.
- Additional qualification in digital design related studies is highly recommended.
- Strong project management, coordination and organizational skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Familiarity with the South African cultural and creative industries.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Ability to communicate in German is an advantage, not a requirement.
- Flawless attention to detail.
- Non-South African applicants need to have a valid work permit for South Africa.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard back from us by 30th April 2019 please consider your application as unsuccessful. The remuneration is based on the remuneration scheme for local staff of the Goethe-Institut South Africa.