Photo: is seeking a Coordinator. The Coordinator will join our small dedicated team in Johannesburg.
Main Purpose of Job
To facilitate and plan the coordination of all operations and projects of Photo: including all operational, educational, curatorial, research, and project activities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- With the team; plan, implement and coordinate all projects.
- Coordinate daily operations and administration.
- The chosen candidate should ideally have qualifications and/or experience in the visual arts or humanities field.
- The ideal candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, self-starter who has the ability to manage time across multiple projects.
- Proficient in requisite software and good writing skills.
- The contract is a 5-day working week.
- The salary will depend on experience and skill set.
- Candidates must be available from early Jul 2020.
Photo: is a multi-operation platform for the development and promotion of socially engaged photography work, projects, photographers and critical visual culture. Established by John Fleetwood in 2015, Photo: promotes photography and the work of emerging and practicing photographers, with the aim to encourage critical and experimental approaches/responses to the role of photography in our world, today. The platform wants to encourage dialogue, exchange, critical engagement and participation through commissioning, producing and connecting photography projects and practitioners. Photo: continues to play a notable contributing role in curatorial and educational projects in South Africa, throughout the African continent and beyond.