Creative Feel is calling on emerging and aspiring observers of the arts to apply for participation in the Presidential Employment Stimulus Relief Fund (PESP) funded programme, ‘Creative Feel Virtual Events Portal’.
Creative Feel is the definitive, dependable voice in the South African arts and culture industry for arts practitioners, funders, and newcomers alike. We publish a magazine in print and digitally, sharing local and global art news, events, and features through our platforms.
The ‘Creative Feel Virtual Events Portal’ with the new extension of the ‘My Art Radar’ platform is part of the PESP programme that was announced at the end of 2020 as an employment stimulus initiative. It is an effort to create opportunities following many people losing their jobs due to the coronavirus pandemic.
COVID-19 has resulted in substantial losses for the creative sector, with many unable to earn a living due to the cancellation of physical events. Creative Feel set up a portal that allows artists to continue performing and creative spaces to stay open to the virtual public, through the Creative Feel Virtual Events Portal.
Creative Feel is currently looking for amateur – intermediate writers, photographers and creative practitioners to take part in this exciting new arts programme, designed to publish new voices and perspectives on the arts. Our aim is to publish perspectives on the arts from across the country (and outside of the metropoles) that are accessible to all while still ensuring the quality of work is suitable for publication. Participants’ reviews can be text, image, or video based. We will honour any published work on the Creative Feel Virtual Events Portal with a payment up to R3,000.00 per feature.
- Participants should be able to participate on their mobile phones or computers. The reports are interactive and can include reviews and interviews through text, audio, notes, video, and online resources.
- Application is free and the programme is funded under the auspices of the PESP programme.
- The project makes provision for the participation of 15 reporters that will be selected from the applications received.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- All participants should have access to an electronic device such as a mobile phone, a tablet or a computer to access the reporting communication online. Participants will be supplied with detailed instructions and feedback.
The application (all in one document) should contain the following:
- Your full name
- Date and place of birth
- Place of residence
- Email address and mobile number
- A concise overview of your reporting activities/interest in the arts up to now
- An example of some of your written, video, or photographic work
- A motivation of why you want to participate in the programme and why you should be selected
Please attach to your mail:
A certified copy of your South African ID (not older than 3 months)
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.