The Goodman Gallery is looking for an experienced Curator/Artist Liaison to join our team in Cape Town, South Africa
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Application Deadline: 31 July 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews
will be contacted.
You will work as part of a team of curators each responsible for managing artists, contributing to the gallery’s exhibition programme and building relationships with international institutions, curators, and other collaborators.
Main responsibilities and work areas:
- Management of the gallery’s relationships with represented artists
- Project management and reporting related to artists including Goodman Gallery exhibitions,
external exhibitions and projects, and artwork production
- Budget management for exhibitions and production of works.
- Administration related to artists’ representation on the Goodman Gallery website, artist
portfolios, travel, and finances related to production, exhibitions, and travel
- Liaison with local and international institutions concerning their collections and potential or
confirmed exhibitions featuring represented artists
- Provide the sales team with information about new works available, artist catalogues,
important artist activities.
- Strategic and curatorial input into art fair participation (booth plan, artwork selection)
- Assisting with events and projects related to art fairs
- Curating internal group shows
- Involvement in curating special projects programme
- Involvement in developing the gallery’s annual exhibition programme
- Proactively contact artists regularly for updated news, artist bios, events etc
and share this information with appropriate staff members and teams.
- Ensuring communications and sales teams are well-informed about artists
works and Goodman Gallery exhibitions.
- Ensuring all artist information on the website is updated and accurate at all
- Assisting with press release content and providing content for catalogues,
Research (Successful applicant will be allocated one main research area)
Research to be conducted in the following areas:
- Potential local and international artists for the Goodman Gallery stable
- Worldwide market trends
- Museums and institutions