The Eclectica Gallery Group is looking to employ a creative, knowledgeable and organized individual to fulfill the role of Gallery Curator.
We are a brand of four reputable galleries under the Eclectica name, each specializing in a particular artistic field and with their own set of aesthetics. Each of these galleries are involved with a variety of artistic facets ranging from conceptual and contemporary African art, iconic design and renowned old masters’ collections.
To be part of our team, the candidate needs to be dynamic, display a strong work ethic, have a keen eye for detail, as well as an acute conceptual and creative understanding and mindset. The candidate also needs to be time-flexible and exhibit a multidisciplinary work ethic in order to curate up to four gallery spaces.
Employment Type: Full Time
Alternate Saturdays: O9H30-13H00
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Application Deadline: 31 July 2018
- Excellent artistic experience, knowledge and background.
- Degree in Arts (preferably Fine Arts or Curatorship).
- Other Degrees: Architecture, Design Degrees.
- At least 3 years’ experience in curating or relevant field
- Basic experience with Photography, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office programs.
- Good command of English with strong writing ability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Great researching skills.
- Experience in art sales
- Social media skills
- SEO and website maintenance experience.
You will work as part of a team of gallery staff, however you will mostly be responsible for managing artists, contributing to the gallery’s exhibition programme and building relationships with international institutions, curators and other collaborators.