The Goodman Gallery is looking for a curatorial assistant to work alongside our high-energy curatorial team in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will assist the curatorial team with a variety of curatorial aspects, including, but not limited to, exhibition production and project management, artist liaison, planning art fair booths, updating the Goodman Gallery website with artist information and images.
Employment Type: Full Time
- Tuesday-Friday: 09H00-17H30
- Saturday: 09H00-16H00
Salary: Dependent on experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assisting with the galleries’ exhibition programme
- Assisting curators with the co-ordination of exhibitions and with the production of artworks.
- Supporting the curatorial team in building relationships with directors/curators of museums/institutions, independent curators, other industry professionals.
- Participating in curatorial research initiatives and special projects.
- Assisting with events and projects related to art fairs
- Preparation for visiting museum groups and curators, including planning itineraries, research, logistics, production, set-up, artist presentations, studio visits etc
- Support with administration related to gallery artists.
- Assistance with travel plans for shows
- Logistics for museum shows including loan forms and consignment agreements,
- Inventory administration and management including returning work to artists and bringing in new inventory
- Compiling sales pdf’s (updating regularly and advising sales staff of priority changes)
- Website- ensuring all artist information is updated and accurate at all times
- Compiling artist portfolio documents and biographies