TALENT UNLOCKED calls for applications for a 6-month part-time mentorship and professional practice programme, culminating in an exhibition at the Turbine Art Fair in July 2018. Only Gauteng based artists may apply.
The Turbine Art Fair together with VANSA and Assemblage, host the RMB Talent Unlocked exhibition in 2018, formerly known as Fresh Produce, at the Annual Turbine Art Fair. The RMB Talent Unlocked exhibition has made an open call for submissions targeted at young artists based in Gauteng. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to exhibit at the Turbine Art Fair which will take place in July 2018.
Assemblage will be running a part-time 6-month intensive Peer Mentoring programme that integrates practical art-making (which focuses on process and conceptual development) and professional practice training. The aim is to provide the artists with a comprehensive programme that encompasses the necessary tools to help them build and sustain a career in the industry. The ultimate goal is to strengthen the artist’s work as a whole by providing the participants with not only a guide through the development of their work but most importantly the tools that put their career into action within the industry.
- Submit a PDF portfolio of your work – at least two bodies of work
- The PDF should be no more than 10MB in total
- The PDF should include a short artist statement
- Artists should not have had a solo show and should not be represented by a gallery
- Artists should be under the age of 35
- Artists should have been practicing for minimum 2 years and present at least 2 bodies of work for review
- Artists should be available for a portfolio review between 24 and 26 January 2018
- Artists must commit to attending all peer mentoring sessions once a month from February – July 2018
- Artists must be open to critique of their work during Peer Mentoring
- The first Peer Mentoring Session will be held on 10 February 2018.