Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public not-for-profit contemporary art museum which collects, preserves, researches, and exhibits twenty first century art from Africa and its Diaspora; hosts international exhibitions; develops supporting educational and enrichment programmes; encourages intercultural understanding; and guarantees access for all. Over one hundred galleries, spread over nine floors, are dedicated to a large cutting edge permanent collection; temporary exhibitions; and Centres for Art Education, Curatorial Excellence, Performative Practice, Photography, the Moving Image, and the Costume Institute.
This person will act as the runner for pre, during and post events, operating on the instruction and in support of the Events Manager. The purpose of this role is to assist with the internal and external event coordination.
- Create exclusive private tour packages.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of all tour and event-related administration e.g. billing, database etc.
- Ensure all relevant internal and external parties are up to date, informed and have a full understanding of the event/tour – Communications, Curatorial team, Registrar team, Institutional Advancement, Operations, Restaurant /Aleit, Facilities Management, etc.
- Onsite Event Coordination for after hour events.
- Complete other tasks as necessary.
Skills and Behavioural Requirements
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Able and willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and effectively both orally and in writing.
- A passion for contemporary art or a desire to learn about contemporary art would be an advantage.
- Preferably Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level
- Higher Education advantageous
- Computer Literate
- Tour/event/function experience advantageous.
- A good understanding of finance and budgeting.
- Negotiation skills and ability to build productive business relationships.