The Goodman Gallery is looking for an dynamic multi-talented person to join our team in Cape Town.
Tuesday- Friday 08H30- 17H30
Salary: Dependent on Experience
EXHIBITION & PRODUCTION
- Manage the realization of Goodman Gallery Cape Town exhibition programme in collaboration with curatorial team.
- Assisting curators with the overall scheduling of Goodman Gallery exhibitions.
- Manage the production of major offsite projects including artist projects at fairs and other institutions.
- Assist with the overall preparation of events and projects related to art fairs & exhibitions.
- Assess feasibility of exhibitions and artworks in discussion with artist and curator of the project.
- Produce artworks with external suppliers, managing budget (in discussion with curators).
- Produce models of exhibitions and projects both in SketchUp and in card.
- Install AV in Cape Town galleries, manage AV stock, ensure all in working order and research and order replacements when necessary.
- Use InDesign to produce exhibition signage.
- Support Exhibition Manager in the production of artist catalogues.
- In discussion with sales and curatorial teams manage the hanging of the gallery viewing rooms.
- Scheduling of projects as well as scheduling of day to day tasks for storeroom staff in discussion with aftersales and curatorial departments
- Oversight of materials (installation, stores and shipping) requirements for projects as well as day to day needs of the gallery
- Inventory administration and management including returning work to artists and loading new inventory.
- Set the standard for best practice for installing and handing artworks in collaboration with Registrar and Technicians.
Ensure the Goodman Gallery building in Cape Town is maintained, functional , compliant and presentable at all times
- Responsibility for management and maintenance of Goodman Gallery Cape Town space (both internal and external areas).
- Management and maintenance responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following areas: security, painting, plumbing , electrical, building compliance
- Point-of-contact for all Cape Town building suppliers
- Responsibility for and project management of any building renovations
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of Gallery OH&S – ensuring compliance at all times, including but not limited to, building compliance, workplace safety, sub-contractor compliance, visitor safety, event compliance
- Responsibility for maintaining the Safety File and ensuring it is up-to-date at all times
- Submission of monthly OH&S reports (including but not limited to compliance checks) for inclusion in monthly management packs