LALELA VACANCY: Foundation Phase Art Facilitator, Hout Bay
Lalela provides educational arts for at-risk youth to spark creative thinking and awaken the entrepreneurial spirit. Lalela is at the forefront of art education in South Africa and is searching for a full-time Foundation Phase Art Facilitator to join the team, based in Hout Bay.
Purpose Of Job:
To facilitate foundation phase art workshops in Hout Bay and to ensure desired outcomes and critical messaging is achieved.
Ensuring all Lalela programs are administrated according to requirements by:
- Carrying out monitoring and evaluation using tools provided,
- Providing monthly reports to the relevant Programme Manager,
- Providing workshop photographs; and regular photographing and/or scanning and archiving of artwork,
Preparation for the facilitation of all Lalela Project programs and initiatives by:
- Preparing adequately for all classes,
- Ensuring that all required materials for workshops are available,
- Ensuring sufficient food and drink for the classes,
- Assist in organising and preparing for holiday programs and events.
Facilitation of workshops
Facilitation of the Lalela Project Workshops by:
- Facilitate after-school and during school art workshops with grade 1 – 4 learners.
- Taking responsibility for any event or field trip relating to the school you are operating from,
- Curation of artwork for community or school exhibitions/events/initiatives,
- Conducting holiday programs
Contribution as a team member
Ensuring positive contribution to the Lalela Project by:
- Attending and contributing to weekly team meetings,
- Communicating and consulting with all colleagues and stakeholders to ensure successful relationships are developed and maintained,
- Attending all curriculum preparation meetings and team trainings.
- Have a strong knowledge of facilitation methodology and experiential learning,
- Minimum of 2 years of art facilitation experience working with foundation phase learners,
- Able to inspire young minds through innovative and creative teaching methods,
- A diploma/degree/proven work experience in Visual Art Education or Early Childhood Development,
- Must reside in Cape Town,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office and Google docs essential,
- Excellent relationship-building skills,
- Must love to make art and play,
- Prior (South African) work experience in the NGO or youth development sector is advantageous.