Role: Front of House Administrator
Full time: 8:30 – 5:30, Tuesday to Friday; 9:30 – 2:30, Saturday. Location: Cape Town
Reporting to: Operations Director
Medical aid: 50% paid by Employer
Remuneration: Commensurate to experience
Deadline: Vacant until position is filled.
A4 is a not-for-profit arts incubator and laboratory, designed to stimulate the arts in Southern Africa, and ultimately foster innovation and dialogue in the public domain. A4 is grounded by an understanding of art as a catalyst for social innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming all visitors, individuals and groups to A4.
- Gather and pass on all enquiries with relevant personnel and
- Share information about public-facing and programming aspects of A4 including current and forthcoming exhibitions, public and educational events and activities, Ensuring the foyer and front desk and library space is kept clean and presentable at all times
- Update all information material – A4, flyers, maps etc.
- Operating an effective reception service, acting as liaison point between A4 staff and their
visitors and managing the telephone
- Monitoring pick – up and delivery of small parcels and documents by couriers and promptly
inform relevant departments of all deliveries.
- Any other administrative duties as directed by management.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
- High level of presentation and professionalism.
- At least 1 years’ experience of reception, retail or other customer service roles. Ability to work independently and be self-directed while also functioning effectively as part of a broader team.
- Computer and social media literate
- Ability to work scheduled week nights and/or weekends.
- Interest in, and knowledge of Art industry will be beneficial.
- Previous work in a gallery or art centre will be beneficial