The Fulcrum Group, in collaboration with The Bag Factory Artists’ Studios and Business and Arts South Africa, BASA, are excited to announce that the call for entries for the annual, Fulcrum Suzanne Shaw Creative Awards are now open.
FULCRUM SUZANNE SHAW CREATIVE AWARD 2018
The award has been created to celebrate the life of Suzanne Shaw, who at the same time as being a valued team member of the Fulcrum Group, had an unwavering devotion to the visual arts, with a special interest in the field of curatorship.
It is our vision that this award contributes to the growth of South African arts and artists, and while doing so serves to honour the life and passions of Suzanne Shaw.
WHAT THE WINNER RECEIVES
- A monthly stipend
- A budget towards the creation of new work for the exhibition
- Mentorship from both the Bag Factory and BASA
- A week-long exhibition toward the middle of 2018
WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE
- Access to a computer, cell phone and the internet
- The ability to get around the city
- To commit 15 hours a week to the project
- An interest in curatorship and some previous curatorial experience
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY
- A proposal that meets the brief description of the kind of exhibition you would like to put on, that meets the concept of “seeing things differently” utilising the concept of the intersection where art meets industrial design
- A list of artists and designers that you would like to work with on this project
- A single A4-page typed motivation, including personal details and outlining reasons why you believe you deserve the award
- A detailed CV with at least 2 references
The mentorship and award take place between January and June 2018.