The Gallery @ Glen Carlou is looking to appoint a full-time Gallery Manager.
The Gallery Manager will report directly to the Curator, and will need to be able to work well within a small team as well as independently. The position involves overseeing day-to-day duties at the gallery, with sales and client liaison being the main focus of the role.
The ideal candidate will have a fine arts background (degree preferential), with a good knowledge and understanding of contemporary South African arts practice.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Storeroom management
- Handling, packing and freighting of artworks
- Client liaison
- Assisting with installations
- Good communication in English (both written and verbal)
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Social media
- Some graphic design and photography experience would be beneficial
- Keen eye for detail
Please provide an indication of current and expected remuneration.
Salary: Dependent on Experience