Marvol Gallery at Hazendal is on the hunt for a fabulous and versatile, well presented full-time Gallery assistant to join our small team. Situated in the beauty of the Cape Winelands district, Marvol Gallery aims at creating a space of connection between Russian and South African art.
This role has a strong focus on customer service and administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fielding visitors to the Gallery and assisting with phone calls and general enquiries
- Being confident and knowledgeable on the current exhibitions with the ability to do a tour with visitors
- Assisting in creating exhibition dossiers
- Maintaining and cataloguing of collections
- Assistance with exhibition planning and installation
- A measurable interest in the Visual Arts
- Eagerness to make a valuable contribution and grow within the company
- Fine attention to detail
- Disciplined, reliable and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication, writing, and research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience using design software ie Photoshop, Adobe, Canva
- Ability to lift and carry heavy artworks
- Proof of drivers license essential
- Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans
- Prior experience in the art industry
- WordPress experience preferential
- Public relations skills
- Diploma or similar qualification in a related field preferred
Working hours: 9am to 5pm Tuesday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm every alternate Saturday and Sunday and occasional late nights for events and openings.
Salary R9 000 negotiable dependant on experience.
Start date to be confirmed.