Greatmore Studios Trust is calling on visual artists to apply for the following residency options:
- Short term:(3 months)
- Long term:(3 years)
Greatmore Studios Trust provides a studio environment and training in which artists can work freely and develop their creative abilities and refine their professional skills in order to build a professional practice, and to establish a career in the creative sector. It also provides a supportive environment for peer learning and the exchange of ideas and skills among the Greatmore Art Community. Artists from various communities and backgrounds are encouraged to grow their practice in a personal studio space and also to contribute to the collective projects and programs hosted at Greatmore Studios.
About the studio:
- The studio is sized 5.3m² x 4.4m²
- Studios are accessible 7 days a week.
- There is Wi-Fi access and studio artists will have access to all communal facilities in the building including shared kitchen, bathroom facilities, computer lab and courtyard.
Eligibility and Selection:
- Application are open to South African and International artists.
The artist must be:
- A full time, practising visual artist who will regularly use their studio space
- Willing to be involved in and support Greatmore’s projects and events
- Available to attend all artist’ lunches, and willing to interact in a communal setting.
All applicants to kindly note that studio rental, accommodation, art materials, exhibition cost, transport and self – catering will be at the artist’s own cost. Please include the following as your email subject heading: Application for Self-Funded Residency.
No late applications will be accepted. The successful artist will be notified by no later than 1st November 2019 and will be expected to take up the residency from 4th November 2019.
For enquiries, please email: email@example.com