The Russian Centre for Arts and Culture at Hazendal Wine Estate is looking for a candidate to assist in managing, curating, archiving and co-ordinating events relating to all the Centre’s activities.
The RCAC’s aim is to encourage and support a deeper understanding of Russian culture and in particular, to build bridges between the unique Russian and South African heritages.
The RCAC will initially be housed in a small space and will rotate its collection of Russian art. These exhibitions will be supported by various events.
The eligible candidate needs to have the following:
- qualifications in Museum management, curatorship or other relevant qualifications;
- a minimum of 2 years working experience in the museum/gallery field;
- very strong communication skills are essential, written and verbal;
- be able to plan, prioritise, meet deadlines, able to work independently, and have excellent attention to detail;
- conduct curatorial research for new projects and manage exhibitions.
- have very good interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with clients in a friendly and professional manner;
- be very competent in Microsoft office;
- have their own transport and valid driver’s licence;
- an interest or prior experience in Russian arts and culture would be an advantage but not compulsory.
The position will initially be in Constantia but will move to Hazendal Wine Estate, Kuilsriver
full time. Salary will be market-related and based on experience.