Job Outline & Specification: Intern
- The following job specification outlines the tasks & roles for the position of Intern at Aspire Art Auctions Johannesburg Illovo.
- The internship program is run on a 6-month basis.
The appointed candidate should work in conjunction with the company’s staff and management to achieve the following.
- Shadow and assist other staff members and management in their daily duties
- Valuations – shadow and assist in the preparation of valuations (cataloguing and photographing artworks, downloading and editing images, preparing and finalising pdf valuation documents for client dissemination)
- Researching artists and artworks
- Storage and archiving (keeping an up to date inventory list of artworks)
- Social media – Work with the Aspire team to help strategise and implement regular posts (images and text) across all relevant platforms (Facebook, Instagram), ensuring management approves all content 6 Monthly newsletter – assist with the preparation and delivery of content (images, text and information)
- Client interface – answering and transferring telephone calls; managing the switchboard; assisting clients telephonically or in the office
- Working with specialists to catalogue artworks for auctions
- Company events – attend all auctions, lectures, valuation days, dinners etc
- Preparation prior to shoot and assist photographer when shooting artworks for catalogue
- Assistance with any administrative tasks
- BA Fine Art with History and Theory of Art or equivalent is preferable
- A love of art, an interest in the art market and the ability to work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop
- Driver’s license and car
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 08h30 to 16h30. You may be required to work overtime occasionally.
The remuneration is R8,000 per month.