Archives Intern X 5
(12 Months Contract)
The above-mentioned position is available in the Heritage department at Robben- Island Museum. The purpose of the job is to ensure that Heritage Assets are properly cared for in accordance with Collections Management Policy, and accounted for in accordance with the Standards of Generally Recognized Accounting Practice on Heritage Assets (GRAP103).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring GRAP 103 compliance;
- Conducting verification process of Heritage Assets;
- Assisting in monitoring movement of collections;
- Assisting with accessioning and processing of new collections;
- Monitoring of the conditions of collections – report any deterioration to coordinators;
- Assisting with preservation tasks under the supervision of Archivists;
- Assisting with the development of metadata and entering the data onto the Atom Database.
Qualification, Experience and Technical Skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Finance, Heritage Studies, Library Science, History, Art or other relevant studies or equivalent;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Knowledge or experience in database work would be an advantage;
- Attention to detail and accuracy very important;
- Team worker;
- Good communication skills.