The Goethe-Institut South Africa is looking for an intern to work with us in the Cav’ Creative Economies Project – in particular to develop content for the Cav’ Platform Microsite and with PR-related tasks.
This position is for 16 hours per week (2 days), from 01 June 2021 – 31 December 2021.
ABOUT THE GOETHE-INSTITUT
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life.
Cav’ Creative Economies is a Goethe-Institut initiative that comprises the two projects Cav’ Platform and Cav’ Township. The programme aims to contribute to the culture and creative industries in South Africa, through enabling creative organisations and small businesses towards income generation.
This internship consists of the following tasks:
- Assisting in the running of the Cav’ Platform microsite and public relations
- Researching relevant content for the microsite
- Text summarising of content for the microsite
- Photo sourcing and editing to accompany content
- Copy writing and editing
- Assisting with logistics relating to project related PR and events
- Performing other (admin) duties as needed
- Good understanding of the culture and creative industries
- Experience in copywriting and graphic design
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Web Programming will be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate in German is an advantage
- Non-South African applicants need to have a valid work permit for South Africa