The Open Window (OW) is an accredited private higher education institution recognised for setting innovative standards in the field of visual arts and digital sciences. Founded in 1994 with a focus on providing a unique tertiary platform where practice-led tuition links traditional fine art practice with the applied arts. Emphasis is placed on continual innovation within curricula so as to maintain relevance in the rapidly evolving creative arts industries.
Many Open Window lecturers, in addition to their academic roles, are actively engaged in creative practice. Our investment in highly qualified and industry relevant staff is deemed critical in directing our students in work-integrated learning projects of value.
The Department of Communication Design at the Open Window School of Visual Communication Design seeks to appoint a Lecturer in Communication (Graphic) Design.
- Teaching and assessment within the field of Communication Design.
- Working with a team of colleagues to develop the Communication Design curriculum and participating in all Communication Design department related tasks.
- Executing administrative tasks in support of the academic offering and the Communication design team.
The successful applicant:
- should be qualified with an Honours or Master’s degree in the field of Communication Design/Graphic Design/Information Design.
- must display a comprehensive portfolio featuring industry-based projects.
- needs industry based experience or teaching experience at a tertiary institution.
- must be competent in using the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Muse (preferable), Adobe After Effects (preferable)
- should show enthusiasm in the field of Design and possess a good grasp of the industry.
needs to maintain links to the industry and keep up with trends within the industry
GENERAL COMPETENCIES/ BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capable of working in a team.
- Be able to cope under pressure, and meet deadlines
In support of the company’s Employment Equity Plan applicants from designated groups are encouraged to apply.